About Us - Pete Morrell and Jean Schober Morrell
Peter A. Morrell and Jean S. Morrell Co-owners of Morrell & Associates, formed the company in December 1986.
Peter A. Morrell of Morrell and Associates served previously as City Manager for the City of Greeley for 14 years. His management experience includes a total of 24 years of service in the public sector with municipal responsibility. His experience in overall organizational management has included: transportation systems, finance and budgeting, personnel services, code enforcement and inspection, cultural and recreational activities, and purchasing.
In 1986 Mr. Morrell founded Morrell and Associates, a management, leadership and development firm affiliated with Leadership Management International. He has worked successfully with thousands of clients, both individuals and companies in the non-profit and for-profit sectors.
Mr. Morrell is the past president of the Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra, Greeley Rotary Club, Boy Scouts of America – Longs Peak Council, and Chairman of the Board, Greeley Weld Chamber of Commerce. He served on the Miss Rodeo Colorado Board for 22 years. He has also served on the United Way and Weld County chapter of the Red Cross boards.
Jean Schober Morrell
Jean S. Morrell, Ph.D., Dean of Students Emerita, retired after 32 years at the University of Northern Colorado.
She has been recognized at UNC as the Professional Administrative Staff Employee of the Year and received the Honored Alumni Community Service Award.
Dr. Morrell, who has served on the Executive Board of the National Association of Women in Education, was recognized nationally with the Hilda A. Davis Award for Educational Leadership by NAWE.
At the first annual Celebrating Women’s Gala, she was honored as one of the Outstanding Women of Weld County.
Dr. Morrell has been extremely active in Greeley and Weld County serving as the founding President of A Woman’s Place for which she received the 9 Who Care Award from Denver’s Channel 9 television station.
Her volunteer work has included:
- Being the first female President of Centennial Rotary
- President of United Way, President of Friends of A Woman’s Place
- Campaign Chair of United Way
- Chair of the Great Western Division of the American Cancer Society
- President of the Colorado/Wyoming Association for Women in Education
- Board member on the Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County
- Board member of A Woman’s Fund
- Active in Our Savior’s Lutheran Church serving on the Parish Planning Council
- As a breast cancer survivor, she is frequently asked to speak about her experience and is a member of the Pink Ladies’ Team along with other survivors for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Event
Pete and Jean Morrell as a Team
- Morrell and Associates has been recognized by the Greeley/Weld County Chamber of Commerce by receiving the Winner’s Circle designation.
- Lifetime Community Impact Award by the Occidental Masonic Lodge #20 AF
- Queen and King of the Greeley Chorale Madrigal
- 2009 Grand Marshals for the Greeley Stampede
- 2010 United Way Humanitarians of the Year
- 2011-12 Greeley Area Realtors Association Citizen of the Year Award
- 2014 Weld County Distinguished Citizens of the Year Award from the Boy Scouts of America, Long’s Peak Council